Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sloth: Not the Mammal

My entry tonight is just my notes from tonight's Bible study. Ashley's
lesson could have been written specifically for me.

2 Thess 3:6-13
-do not grow weary of doing good.

Idleness. Aimlessness. (sloth.)
-is not Christlike.
-is appealing, and influential to others.
-1 thess 5:14 - admonish the idle
-doesn't mix with initiative.
-God isn't into gray areas.
-is unfruitful by nature.
-drains away integrity.
-is not defeated merely by intent, but by action.
-is hypocritical.
-Take up your cross and follow me.
-drains resources and contributes nothing.
-hinders God's work.
-neuters our calling.

Am I occupied with God's purpose?
What do I have to show for my work?
What's coming out of my mouth? (aha.)
-Defensive? Judgmental? Gossip?

"There's no unemployment for spirituality." -Shane

Gal. 6:9 - at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not
give up.

No comments: