Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Single Step

In this picture are a few things that I just decided will decorate my new office at church. In the background, an encouraging note written to me by Greg Hogan, an awesome man who helped form my young faith. On the left, two paper cranes, folded by Lindsey Ballard for a classmate with cancer. Little symbols of love and hope, with an Asian flair, no less.

The cross on the foreground was also a gift, specifically to decorate the office. It quotes Jeremiah 29:11-13 - to which I was specifically guided recently - and Psalm 32:8. Featured prominently is the word "Journey," which is not only a great reminder that I am a work in progress, but also reminds me of Sojourn. A perfect gift.

From my girlfriend.

You'll be hearing more about this girl. For now, I'll say this: her name is Jen, and she's amazing.

Today turned out to be pretty good after all.

2 comments:

E said...

Awwww! She's thoughtful! "Journey" ... Also a good band.

Brian Armitage said...

Which just goes to show: don't stop believin'.