Wednesday, April 08, 2009

And Counting

"Hey.  Simon."

Silence.

"...Pete?  You awake?"

"Mmph.  Go to bed, Johnny."

"You think it's gonna happen soon?"

"...what's gonna happen soon..."

"The abomination and everything.  What the Rabbi was talking about today."

"He said he didn't even know that."

"I know.  It's just... he's been acting so different lately."

"Yeah.  I know.  Like something big's coming."

"So I'm just wondering."

"...I dunno, Johnny.  Maybe.  But you remember what he said."

"Be ready."

"Be ready.  So that's our job.  Don't worry about it.  Just keep waiting."

"Says Peter, the patient one."

"Tch.  I wouldn't be sad if he restored Israel tomorrow.  I just..."

"...don't know."

"Yeah.  But I think you're right.  Something big's coming."

"I hope so."

"Me too."

Silence.

"...don't worry about it, Johnny.  Get some rest."

"Yeah... hey.  Do you think he's gonna do something during the Passover?"

"Mmm.  Dunno.  Should be good."

1 comment:

E said...

sweet! I love this...makes it a real story (not that it's not. But...you know what I mean...). Very cool!