Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dan pointed out to me how long it's been since I last posted something here. Sorry. Didn't feel like that long. In any case, there's news to report.

The car has been recovered, in working order, no less. In a twist of fate - ha, ha, bleh - I sprined my left ankle quite badly a week after my car was stolen. Will be in a cast for a couple more weeks, approximately. Only after I've healed will I be able to drive my car, which has a manual transmission.

All this thinking about career paths lately has led me to consider the ministry. That's still a big question mark at the moment, but I am particularly excited about a couple things. For one thing, more Christian education. Been wanting to learn more about the Bible and theology for a while now. There's a lot there to be learned. Also, connecting and serving more at Arcade Wesleyan. The suggestion has been made that I volunteer to be a Sunday School teacher. I like that thought. More and more, I see myself as a teacher of some sort, working with kids. Exciting. I haven't had a goal that I could actually describe as exciting in a long time.

So, I'm looking to get back down to Sacramento soon. Have to heal up and take care of a few expenses first, but barring disaster, I should be down there by the end of the year.

I'd like to get back to my much neglected fiction stories as well, but I'm not promising anything. I've got several hundred pages of deep theology to read in about a week, drafting work to do, and a wedding reception to attend.

Matt Turner's wedding reception, no less. Yeah, you read right. 3:00 this Saturday at Santa Anita Park. Come, ye friends from days of old. Shake the guy's hand.

Ahh, a post. Needs a closing. May as well steal from Paul.

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." - 1 Corinthians 13:14

Amen.

No comments: